Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Arabian Nights


This girl has the most amazing face for make up! I love how much lid she has to work with.  I did a classic smokey look on her and I pulled out the liner to create an even more almond-shaped eye. I think one of the most overlooked things to do on a face is to work with the eyebrows. It is vital to give them a lift, a pluck or a combing if need be. Most importantly, gel them into place to get the desired look to stay as long as possible.


Given the green eyes I had to work with, I used pink to make them look even more green. I also used a touch of green under the eye to give the heavy smokey look a bit of a lift. I always find a strong black (or even grey) smokey look to be too dark. There are few times that I will use black to give a smokey effect and that is for black and white pictures, or an extremely black tie affair, and that is only if the person in questions carries make up well (not every face does). But just because you won't be wearing a classic black smokey, doesn't mean you can't still rock the smoke. 


To get the almond shape that she has here, simply pull the liner out from the bottom lid and pull it toward the end of the brow. Then, from the inside of the top lid, do the same with the liner toward your nose. Use a lighter colour above the liner on the inner part of your eye where it meets your nose to create some contouring. And again, some light shadow right under the brow on your brow bone.


I did very little on the face and lips here, because you have to pick, either focus on the eyes or on the lips, but you can't load on too much on both - that is what I like to call, the cake effect. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment